CA RC/Query for DB2 for z/OS has recently been enhanced with various features.
You may review the 8 minutes video that summarizes these enhancements ...
DSN (DSNAME) Line command
- Will provide the underlying dataset name and below more information
- Volume Serial number under which the dataset resides
- Space type allocation (CYLS/TRKS/BLKS)
- Primary space allocation
- Secondary space allocation
- Number of extents
- Creation date of the Underlying dataset
Applicable on Database, Tablespace, Table, Index, and individual partition of Tablespace or Index.
More catalog columns in frequently used RC Query reports
- RC/Query will display all the required columns pertaining to the frequently used RC/Query reports.
- Users doesn’t need to swap to the other reports to get more information about any object
- The reports include Table List, Tablespace List, Database List, Index List, Package list, Plan List, Trigger List, View List and System List.
- RC/Query has defaulted the “space L” functionality by aiming for BMC users.
- Now on, users don’t need to type “space L” to know any other attribute.
- For ex: From Table list screen, to know Database, users need to type “DB L” but from now on just type DB to get the database name.
- Same thing is applicable for other reports and other space L commands in other reports.
- However, the existing functionality is NOT affected. So users can get the same database name with “DB L” and also DB to get the database name.
- RC/Query has come-up with shortening the START, STOP and DISPLAY commands.
- From now on, users can use STA, STO and DIS commands along with START, STOP and DISPLAY commands to start, stop and display the object(s) status.
Enabling Case sensitivity in RC/Query header
- For example: A table creator can be in upper and lower cases. What happens when the user wants to fetch the records of only the lower case creator field?
- RC/Query has enhanced to use the case sensitive values in all the RC/Query report’s header fields (currently its limited to only Item name – and now its enhanced to all other fields of RC/Query reports.
- With this, users can fetch the data pertaining to the exact case without any compromise.
- Current Challenge:
o What-if I want to remove the value of “Object name” field?
o What-if I want to remove the value of all the header fields of RC/Query report?
o RC/Query has come-up with a new feature to reset the header part of all of its report’s header fields.
o Removal can be adjusted to any only “Object name” field or all other fields of RC/Query header.
o Use RESHDR to reset the value of “Object name” field
o Use RESHDR ALL to reset the value of all the fields of current RC/Query header report.
- Below commands are included to support DB2 Analytics Accelerator:
Verifies whether the IP connection between DB2 for z/OS and the IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator is available.
Alters the distribution keys, and organization keys of one or more DB2 tables residing on Accelerator, according to your specifications.
Loads data from one or more source tables in DB2, to accelerator.
Enables replication updates for one or more tables, on accelerator.
Disables replication updates for one or more tables, on accelerator.
Removes the table from DB2 analytics accelerator forcefully.
Restores the archived table partition data from DB2 accelerator, to their original locations, according to your specifications.
- Intelligently identify the object name on which the utility needs to be executed
- Utilities include
- These commands are applicable when you execute the utilities on
o Storage Group