IDUG hosted its annual 2014 EMEA conference in Prague a couple of weeks ago. The event was a real success:
· Highest attendance since 2008
· A significant amount of first-time attendees
The IDUG EMEA CPC Committee
Top 5 sessions (in my point of view):
- Let’s talk recovery (Florence Dubois)
- Understanding Query Transformation in DB2 for z/OS (Daniel Luksetich)
- Hadoop and DB2 11 just got engaged! How long before the wedding? (Emil Kotrc)
- Lost without a trace (Denis Tronin)
- How to save REAL money with SQL Tuning (Phil Grainger)
Denis Tronin presenting DB2 Performance and IFCIDS
The only thing which did not work well was the Free Exams Certifications, many attendees were not able to benefit from this offer during the event, due to slow and/or malfunctioning internet connection in the certification room. In compensation, attendees were offered vouchers, to attempt the certifications at a later date.
The next IDUG EMEA conference will be held in Dublin on 15-20 November 2015. IBM Champion Steve Thomas is the chairman for this event.
Interested to attend? Act now! The call for presentation for next IDUG EMEA is opened! (if you are selected as a presenter, the conference fees are for free).
IBM recognized a handful of individuals and user groups for their DB2 activities and leadership, during the Mainframe50 celebration dinner: csDUG was rewarded as the new EMEA DB2 User Group!
csDUG awarded new EMEA DB2 User Group
Congrats !!! Good to see new new user groups...saga goes on....Manuel.ReplyDelete
Informative post. Keep me more updates.ReplyDelete